Thursday 22 April 2010

Today's look - green leaves & paisley


As salaam aleikum sisters! I have found a solution to my newfound camera shyness. I have taken up the path of the professional stylist and used a mannequin to display this look. Fortunately I already had one lying around the appartment! To this I have added jeans on this occasion, and thrown a denim military jacket over the top for the walk to work through the crisp spring air.


The dress was a one-off peice from a market stall, the cardigan from Matalan, the larger scarf from h&m and the smaller one also from my local market pashmina trader.


As you can see I am somewhat obsessed with details! Hence all the close up pics. I wanted to show you the detail on the edge of the dress which while it remains unseen by anyone but me (my scarf covers it) is something in which I take a secret pleasure.


I am making a new firm friend at work who is also interested, like me in dress-making, fashion, design and herbal tea! She has expressed an interest in joining me in any all-female gatherings that I may choose to organise and therefore I had better get organising! Have a wonderful day sisters, fresh as a spring breeze.

2 comments:

  1. salam..
    i always like the long cardigan. but it quite pricy right. aim to get one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa salaam Amina, you are right, you can get very pricey long cardis, but search around you may find some much cheaper. This white one was around £15 which is not too bad. I will be looking to stock up on some bargains in the near future so I will post on here if find some. JK Sha sha!

    ReplyDelete

As salaam aleikum! Please leave a comment sisters! I am always happy to read your messages of appreciation and respectful thoughts.