Thursday 22 April 2010

Love comes first


I received this embellished notebook from a friend for my birthday. It's gorgeous! I later wrote a poem on the subject of love and thought the two could enjoy the same post-space:

First comes love
and then the objects appear.
Perhaps you don't understand me.
The love is always present
and as they appear
we attach ourselves to objects
that seem receptive to it.
Some absorb, some repel
like the soft showers on yeilding earth
or the splash of rain
against the impenetrable pavement
running into the gutter
seemingly wasted.
Yet sometimes love falls on such a being
as will suck it up like an undertow
and send it roaring back to you like a geyser
and these my friend, are the times when songs are written!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As salaam aleikum! Please leave a comment sisters! I am always happy to read your messages of appreciation and respectful thoughts.