Tuesday 16 March 2010

Bluetiful Tuareg!


You may have realized by now that I heart, heart HEART blue. Well here is a hijab look that I tried with two scarves - I love it! but strictly a cool weather look if using normal pashmina weight scarves as it is double toasty... This could go with the blue maxi dress look in my previous post 'Maxi-mum ease', but longer beads may be required as the scarf would hide them otherwise. I took the flower from a dress I no longer wear and just used a normal safety pin to attach it. A friend of mine told me it looked 'bluetiful' lol! Brilliant. I'm going to wear the look with my dark blue abaya, I promise to get a picture on here as soon as I remember where I stored it.

While we are on the subject of blue, my book of the month is 'Desert' by JMG Le Clezio I will be buying it as soon as I get paid... check it out at www.amazon.co.uk. I havent yet realized my goal to travel in the Sahara with my son, but perhaps I should wait until he is a little bit older. Praying at dawn in the desert - can you imagine it? Makeup will definitely not be an option, and it will be abaya and trousers all the way. I just need to find trustworthy people to travel with. And some cash! I'd like to do it for charity. Hmmn, this warrants some more thought. If you have any thoughts - let me know! I have been thinking recently that rather than just give money to charity I would like to somehow get involved in a more hands-on way. It' something I could also do with my son as a way of teaching him how to think of other people's needs - not an easy thing to understand when you have so recently been a helpless baby! Wow, who would have thought that one look and one book could reawaken such plans? Well, perhaps I should wear blue more often...

2 comments:

  1. thi s is a really cute hijab style!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mimi, it was inspired by Amena of www.pearl-daisy.com, and her Youtube videos. And the Tuareg of course!

    ReplyDelete

As salaam aleikum! Please leave a comment sisters! I am always happy to read your messages of appreciation and respectful thoughts.