Saturday 20 March 2010

Midnight blue abaya


A somewhat blurry image of my lovely blue abaya as promised. I think you can tell why I like it! While separates can provide a great deal of variety I think we can easily overlook the elegant ease of the abaya, especially for the summer months. I am still looking for a truly lovely pair of palazzo pants to take me through the summer months. At this rate - I will have to design some myself! I am certainly already considering designing a line of caftans and abayas. Necessity is the mother of invention as they say!

5 comments:

  1. That is VERY beautiful! I wish that abayas came in colors other than black...it's so blah to wear black (I lived in Saudi for 7 years, and wore black for SEVEN YEARS!!) I love color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OO looking pretty. I can see you like blue!!. thats a pretty one though! nice and dainty


    mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one was bought in a very obscure little shop in the town where I live. I believe it was imported from India. However, I had to make some adjustments but it was worth it because of the blue fabric which seems very rare in abayas, you are Hethr! It is now my mission to find the same fabric in this colour and produce midnight blue abayas... Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete

As salaam aleikum! Please leave a comment sisters! I am always happy to read your messages of appreciation and respectful thoughts.