Monday 21 June 2010

No-pins Urban Hijab Look (photo tutorial)

Inspired by Amenas no-pins approach to summer I have created a little look of my own using only a hijab and a stretchy fabric hairband. This will work even better on ladies with more hair than me, although you may need to use a longer scarf to get the length of coverage at the front.

I am wearing a cap here just to cover my hair for the tutorial, but it is not necessary for the style.


With one side longer than the other sit the scarf over your head. Wrap the long peice back over your head right round to the other side.


Now have your hairband ready. If the scarf is slippery you may wish to pin it temporarily until you get the hairband on to hold it all in place!


And there it is. No pins hijab urban style!




Mix it up - however you like! But dont forget to share the joy and send me your pics/links...

2 comments:

  1. Salaams!!

    Hmmmm! Me likey! I have the SAME earrings and a similar scarf only in brown!!

    ReplyDelete

As salaam aleikum! Please leave a comment sisters! I am always happy to read your messages of appreciation and respectful thoughts.