Monday 21 June 2010

Urban Diamante Photo Tutorial


Ok here it is at last Sister Madina! A quick and a bit ropey tutorial. The original scarf I was wearing was black crepe, I have used this cotton stripey one so you can see what I am doing. I wouldnt put this bow with this scarf! and the earrings are just because you said you always wear earrings - to illustrate when it is best to put them on.

This is an urban style and the ingredients are one cap/bandana, one regular size hijab scarf that drapes well, one bling hairband and a hoodie of your choice. Oh, and some pins of course!


Starting point.


With one side of the scarf longer than the other, pull both sides tight across the forehead.


Secure at the back with a no-snag hijab pin.


Bring the long peice over to the opposite side leaving a low drape (I'm pretty haphazard about this, no careful draping for me!) This is also the point at which you will want to put on the hairband before bringing the scarf back over the back of your head.


Bringing the scarf over the ends of your hairband on either side and careful to leave room for your earrings to hang if you are wearing them.


Pin at this point on either side to ensure the style is smooth around the face.


It should look something like this. Then add your chosen hoodie...


You may pin the hoodie also if you find it necessary, I don't usually have a problem, and voila! Get ready to parade your bad attitude around the hood! Just kidding. Even old ladies still arent afraid of me in this look!

Make it your own! I can't wait to see what you do with it - be sure to send me your pics/links!

5 comments:

  1. SALAAMS!!

    THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! This is so easy!! I will surely do a post on my blog about this style and ,me working this style around my hood of course iA!!!

    http://livingthesunnah.blogspot.com/

    Subscribe if you haven't already!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maya - thanks!
    @Madina No problem, cant wait to see your version! I think I already follow ur blog but I will double check...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamu'alaikum

    I posted your tutorial at my blog, and link back to u.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice idea! ;D
    looks really good on you ^^
    but I think i'm not confident enough to wear cute things over my head :-/ hehehe

    ReplyDelete

As salaam aleikum! Please leave a comment sisters! I am always happy to read your messages of appreciation and respectful thoughts.