Thursday 10 June 2010

Russian Princess and Prince Regent


I call this one 'Russian Princess.' One of a series of pictures taken by a friend. This one is a winter weight pashmina, but despite some English sunshine I couldnt resist bringing out these golds for a taste of the Regal.

Speaking of Royals, somebody sent me a link to this article today:

www.fco.gov.uk/en/news/latest-news/?view=News&id=22350511

which I have found most interesting. It is so gratifying as a UK national to realize that our Regent actually has an educated interest in Islam and the integration of Muslims into our western culture. A good read, I highly recommed it.

3 comments:

  1. i'm loving the picture!! very rich looking although i dont know how u swung that material in hot weather!!

    http://theveiledbump.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam!

    All I have to say is MASHALLAH!! You look BEAUTIFUL!!! I wish styles like this looked good on me! My face is like glued to the screen! I don't even want to write this comment because that means I'd have to scroll down and not see your beautiful hijab style!
    Now if you excuse I'm gonna go act like a stalker and stare until I figure out a way to do this style. Did I forget to mention MASHALLAH!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anya, def not a summer look! very wooly scarf.
    Wa salaam Madina, thanks for your comment it has made me laugh out loud :D I can tell you are a woman of some character ;) I hope you enjoy the blog and subscribe if you havent already! :)

    ReplyDelete

As salaam aleikum! Please leave a comment sisters! I am always happy to read your messages of appreciation and respectful thoughts.